Saturday, August 20, 2011

Papa John's Pizza

We finally had a chance to eat at Papa John's at the University Mall near DLSU. Having a difficult time finding parking space near St. Scholastica's College, I decided to park at the Mall (parking fee is P40 for the first 2 hours, and P10 per succeeding hour).

Saturdays are spent in Angel's school for her violin lessons. After her individual and group lessons, we went to look somewhere to have lunch. Most of the fastfood restaurants are full, so we chose to try out Papa John's instead. I first saw the pizza joint on History Channel which featured their delivery system.


Since it was just Angel and I having lunch, we each just had the Jr. Papa's Pizza + Coke (P160, exclusive of service charge), which consists of a 6" pizza and a small glass of soda. The pizza is available in hand-tossed or thin-crust. We both had the hand-tossed one. Angel had a pepperoni pizza and iced tea, while i ordered a hawaiian pizza and coke.


Each pizza came with a dip that tasted like butter (or was there something more in there?) and a chili pepper (which you can bite together with a bite of pizza). I am part Bicolano but I didn't try the pepper except maybe for a small bite.


The pizza was a bit oily that I saw the girl at the table next to us placing a napkin on top of the pizza to drain some of the oil on it. The pizza dough reminded me of Domino's, and the oiliness reminded me of Pizza Hut. The chili pepper and butter dip was quite unique though.

Haven't tried their other products though, so I couldn't comment on them. For those who wish to try Papa John's, here is a copy of their menu:







 Their slogan is, "Better ingredients, better pizza". Well, you be the judge.


4 comments:

Ciela said...

Mmm.. pizza! Makes me drool! Like Angel I also want pepperoni for my pizza. So, this Papa John's pizza has already been featured on one TV Channel?! Sarap siguro!

Talented pala ang iyong daughter! She's lucky to have a very supportive Dad ( and Mom too, I'm sure)!

Hope you had a great weekend!

Unknown said...

pizza is one of my comfort food. i personally like the thin crust of shakey's kahit medyo oily siya, ha ha ha.

angel's mom also joins us in our daughter's violin lessons whenever she doesn't need to work on saturdays.

i♥pinkc00kies said...

their arrabiatta and cheesesticks- delish!! <3 super papa pizza too.

Unknown said...

we haven't returned to Papa John's since my daughter and I ate there. hopefully, we will be able to try their other products when we go to Papa John's BF Sucat with my wife